WEST OCEAN CITY — A residential fire that destroyed a home in Snug Harbor in West Ocean City on Monday afternoon has been ruled accidental and attributed to an electrical malfunction.
Shortly before 1 p.m. on Monday, firefighters from Berlin, Showell, Ocean Pines, Bishopville, Newark and Ocean City responded to a reported residential fire on Snug Harbor Road in West Ocean City. First-arriving units observed heavy smoke coming from the residential structure.
It took firefighters over an hour to bring the blaze under control. The home was owned and occupied by two adult females and their son, who resided in a separate section of the residence. The occupants were not home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported, according to the Worcester County Fire Marshal’s Office.
The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental and attributed to an electrical malfunction. Anyone with information or questions is urged to contact the Worcester County Fire Marshal’s Office at 410-632-5666.