Summer of 1979
• This week’s Resorter Girl was Margaret Mulholland, 22, an Easton native who was working at Phillips North this summer before returning to her studies at the University of Colorado.
• Topping the “After Dark” entertainment pages were Dick Reihl, Sandbar Lounge; Dale Britt, Phillips by the Sea; Mac Arthur Park, The Wharf; Hank English, Carousel; and Chris Farren, Angler Restaurant.
• Angelo’s Pasta House was open till 3 a.m. nightly on 27th Street.
• “The Alternative” was across the top of a half-page color photo of a sunset in an advertisement for Fager’s Island.
• Children were treated well at The Family Fish House, located inside the Gold Coast Mall, where kids under 6 ate for free and children 6 to 12 received reduced meal prices.
• English’s had two popular locations in Ocean City at this time — one on 15th Street and another on 137th Street.