Summer of 1968
• This week’s Resorter girl was Marlene Dryden, who was also featured in Hess Apparel’s full-page ad donning a bathing suit by Elisabeth Stewart Swimwear.
• Hosts Oliver and Dorothy Robinson invited guests to their Beach Plaza on 13th Street – “An Oceanfront Adventure.”
• At this time, Bailey’s had three locations in Ocean City – 8th Street, 15th Street and 64th Street. It was proud to serve Russell Stover candies and offer fountain service.
• J.J. Rayne & Son on Dorchester Street had a little bit of everything to offer customers, including free home milk delivery, real milk shakes, cold beer, radio, batteries and transistors.
• McCabe’s Beach Buggy Rental Service was renting a four-wheel-drive Jeep by the day, week or month with mile-age minimums.
• Among those spotted in Dick Lohmeyer’s After Dark were Roger Hoffman, Tavern By The Sea Lounge; Sam and Irv Taustin, Embers Cocktail Lounge; Billy Esham, Admiral Hotel; and Buddy Norman Trio, Mario’s.