Summer of 1962
• Beginning on Friday July, 6, Ocean Downs Raceway hosted nine races every night.
• Ocean City Day Camp offered vacationing parents a vacation from their children.
• Located on 9th street and North Baltimore Avenue, the Madison Hotel opened its doors for the first time this summer.
• Visitors to Ocean City could borrow wheelchairs from the American Legion and the Lions Club for the duration of their stay.
• “The sociables prefer Pepsi” according to an advertisement for the soft drink.
• The Darby Manor Apartments featured the addition of “separate maid’s quarters.”
• Dinner guests at the Mast Restaurant in West Ocean City could enjoy a free “twilight cruise” on Captain Ed Brex’s boat.
• The “Travel Information & Mileage Chart” in this issue of The Resorter detailed directions on how to reach Ocean City from the north, west and south.