Summer of 1979
• This week’s cover model was Robin Sporrer, who was captured poolside at the gazebo by photographer Mark Bernard.
• Fisherman’s Wharf on 34th Street was advertising “A Touch of San Francisco…”
• A feature story was published on the Ocean City Ice company at Somerset Street and Philadelphia Avenue.
• Eastern Shore Cable Television Inc. was advertising movies on HBO, including Carnal Knowledge, A Bridge Too Far, Patton and standup comedy from Lily Tomlin.
• “Distinctive shops and good eating” was offered at Shantytown in West Ocean City.
• Pizza Hut was advertising a new “taco pizza” for $4.99.
• South Moon Under was advertising “Split Size Bikinis, One Pieces, Sportswear”.
• In its second summer, Parker Playhouse, working out of the old Capitol Theatre, was offering “Peter Pan Returns” on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and “Rumpelstiltskin” on Thursday and Friday.
• Bassett Real Estate on 36th Street was asking $125,000 for a waterfront home in South Point on five acres of property.
• The back page advertisement featured a large bottle of Grolsch beer under the heading, “The second time, you’ll buy it for the beer.”