Residential Fire Termed Accidental

OCEAN CITY — A fire on Sunday night at a residence on Tern Drive belonging to an Ocean City firefighter began in a chimney and has been listed as accidental.

Around 8:15 p.m. on Sunday, Ocean City Communications received a call for a reported chimney fire at a residence in the 2800 block of Tern Drive, just off Robin Drive in the 28th Street area. The Ocean City Fire Department responded and confirmed a chimney fire in one unit.

Complicating the fire-fighting efforts were frigid temperatures and high winds. Quick action by the Ocean City Fire Department stopped the fire from spreading to any other unit. No injuries were reported. The residence is owned by a member of the Ocean City Fire Department. The Ocean City Fire Marshal has classified the cause of the fire as accidental.