Community Foundation Of The Eastern Shore Presents $1,500 Grant To Introduce County Wide High School Spelling Bee

Community Foundation Of The Eastern Shore Presents $1,500 Grant To Introduce County Wide High School Spelling Bee

The Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore presented a $1,500 grant to the City of Salisbury to introduce a County Wide High School Spelling Bee Contest. As a former spelling bee participant, Kate Nichols attributes her strong literacy skills to participating in spelling bee contests.  “I can testify that this activity greatly enhanced my spelling… Read more »

We Remember Those We Have Lost

John Edward BiaforeOCEAN CITY — John Edward Biafore, 84, of Ocean City, died at home surrounded by family and friends on June 29.He was born in Chicago, Ill. on Sept. 14, 1930, the son of Margaret and John Biafore. After the death of his father, he was raised by his mother and his beloved stepfather,… Read more »

Community Foundation Of The Eastern Shore’s Engberg Donor Advised Fund Contributed $5,000 To The Easter Seals Camp Fairlee Capital Campaign

Community Foundation Of The Eastern Shore’s Engberg Donor Advised Fund Contributed $5,000 To The Easter Seals Camp Fairlee Capital Campaign

The Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore’s Engberg Donor Advised Fund contributed $5,000 to the Easter Seals Camp Fairlee Capital Campaign to provide the need for accessible camping with its location near Chestertown. Pictured, from left, are  Kenen Sklenar, President & CEO, Easter Seals Delaware & Maryland’s Eastern Shore; Jamal Cannady, Camp Fairlee participant; Erica… Read more »

Square Dancers From The Pinesteppers Club Provide Entertainment For Residents Of Delmar Nursing & Rehabilitation Home

Square Dancers From The Pinesteppers Club Provide Entertainment For Residents Of Delmar Nursing & Rehabilitation Home

The square dancers from the Pinesteppers Club in Ocean Pines provided entertainment for the residents of the Delmar Nursing & Rehabilitation Home in Delmar on a recent afternoon. The Pinesteppers workshop their Modern Western Square Dancing every Wednesday night at the Ocean Pines Community Center.  Visitors are always welcome to view the fun.

CFES Awards $5,000 Community Needs Grant To I.P.P.S. Mentoring Program

CFES Awards $5,000 Community Needs Grant To I.P.P.S. Mentoring Program

The Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore (CFES) awarded a $5,000 Community Needs Grant to the I.P.P.S. (Involved Parents Productive Students) Mentoring Program to support a mentoring project at both Wicomico County Detention Center and Poplar Hill Pre-Release Center. Pictured, from left, are Ron Pagano, Vice President, I.P.P.S. Mentoring Program, Inc.; Robert Williams, President, I.P.P.S…. Read more »

Nancy Dahl WhighamOCEAN CITY — Nancy Dahl Whigham, age 89, of Ocean City, died on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at Atlantic General Hospital. She was surrounded by the love of her family, when the Lord took her home.She was born in London, England, the daughter of Norman and Gladys Dahl. Nancy and her family moved to… Read more »

Community Foundation’s Red, White & BOOM Fund Receives $5,000 From Pohanka Of Salisbury

Community Foundation’s Red, White & BOOM Fund Receives $5,000 From Pohanka Of Salisbury

The Community Foundation’s Red, White & BOOM Fund received $5,000 from Pohanka of Salisbury. The contribution supports this year’s Fourth of July Red, White & BOOM celebration to be held July 4 at the old Salisbury Mall and County Stadium. Pictured, from left, are Mike Dunn, Chair, Red White & BOOM; Sandy Fitzgerald-Angello, Vice-President/Dealer Operator… Read more »

CFES Awards $4,200 Community Needs Grant To Wicomico County Recreation, Parks And Tourism To Support Westside Aquaculture Center

CFES Awards $4,200 Community Needs Grant To Wicomico County Recreation, Parks And Tourism To Support Westside Aquaculture Center

The Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore awarded a $4,200 Community Needs Grant to the Wicomico County Recreation, Parks and Tourism to support the Westside Aquaculture Center, Laboratory and Education Program at Cedar Hill Park and Marina located in Bivalve, Md. Calvin Krauss, Program Director, Wicomico County Recreation and Parks Department, is pictured with Erica… Read more »