Ocean City High School included grades 1-12 in the same building on the corner of 3rd Street and Baltimore Avenue until the fall of 1954 when the high school students moved to the new Stephen Decatur High School outside of Berlin. In the year prior to the move, all grades participated in special events such as the May Court, pictured above in 1951.
The elementary students continued to attend school on 3rd Street until 1965 when a new Ocean City Elementary School was constructed in West Ocean City on the mainland.
Today the former school building serves as City Hall.
Photo courtesy Melanie Ayres Merryweather