Summer of 1967
• Among those featured in Fran Huntt’s After Dark were Jim and Marty Gordan at Murray’s Restaurant and Yacht Basin in Ocean View, Del.; Amanda and Newt Cropper at the Samoa; Martha Bunting at the Angler; Peggy Miller, Glenda Owens and Barbara Schneider at Mario’s; Crickett Gibson, Denise Fager, Susan Bennett and Diana Mosca at the Hurricane; and John Mandis at the Prime Rib Room inside the Diplomat Motel.
• The grand opening of the new Ames Discount Department Store was announced off Route 50 seven miles west of Ocean City.
• The English Diner and Restaurant on 21st Street offer meals overlooking the bay, but “no alcoholic beverages.”
• Edwards 5 and 10 on the Boardwalk was open sev-en days a week, but hours were 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Homes from $18,990 were being advertised in the new Mystic Harbour planned community in West Ocean City.
• Crabs and beer to go were available at the Dirty Dog Saloon, across from Frontier Town on Route 611.
• In the Boise Cascade Recreation Community ad, Broker Henry Hastings was marketing, “This Summer 85,000 families will flock to Ocean City every weekend. There’s room for 2,500 of them at Ocean Pines.” As of April 15, 1973, the ad continued, “2,500 of the approximate 9,000 homesites called for in our current master plan remain unsold. Your family’s retreat starts with the purchase of one of them.”