Summer of 1977
• This week’s “Resorter Girl” was 17-year-old Nancy Machado, an Oxen Hill resident who worked at South Moon Under
• In Donaway Furniture’s ad, the motto was “We Just Look Expensive …” It also read “Master Charge & Bank Americard Honored.”
• Among stores included at Shantytown in West Ocean City were Kite Loft, Fig Leaf, Bonnie’s Bath House, Steen, Firth & Talbott Realty, Donald’s Duck Shoppe, Trimper Real Estate and Shell Shop.
• The House of Crabs on Route 50 was featured for its Crab Hall of Fame.
• The Sheraton Fontainebleau Inn on 100th Street (now the Clarion) was featuring the Moonrake restaurant and Spardeck Lounge.
• The “Mariner” was the featured head boat offering scenic cruises every evening from the Talbot Street Pier.
• “High-energy disco New York style” was being featured on the weekends at Finnigan’s Rainbow on 67th Street and the bay.
• Gilbraltar Homes was offering complete homes from $18,990 and inviting readers to the Route 50 model open daily.
• The Quarterdeck on 55th Street was featuring Zaras on stage at the Stardeck Lounge.
• Among the other top entertainers performing were Fire & Ice at the Wharf, Paper Cup at the Carousel Brass Ring and The Admirals at The Gazebo
• Offering “Mellow Rock on AM Radio” was 16 A.M. WETT.