Man Arrested Two Days After Charges Dropped In Attack

Man Arrested Two Days After Charges Dropped In Attack
Man Arrested Two

OCEAN CITY — Just two days after having the charges against him dropped for his alleged role in a downtown Ocean City beating last August, an Odenton man was arrested again in the resort for first hitting a bar employee and then exposing himself on a crowded street while urinating during his subsequent arrest.

Last Tuesday, Wade Korvin, 21, of Odenton, had first-degree assault and other serious charges against him stemming from a vicious beating allegedly carried out by him and another man last August dropped in Worcester County Circuit Court when prosecutors deemed there were too many issues with the case to affect a successful prosecution. Less than 48 hours later, Korvin was arrested again on assault charges after allegedly punching a door man at Barn 34 for not letting him into the establishment because of his alleged level of intoxication.

In April, a Worcester County grand jury indicted Korvin and another man, Terrance Webster, 21, of Upper Marlboro, on multiple charges including first-degree assault for their alleged roles in the beating of another man in downtown Ocean City last August. Around 1:45 a.m. last Aug. 18, OCPD officers responded to the area of 17th Street and St. Louis Ave. for a reported assault. The officers located a male victim suffering from serious injuries.

The investigation revealed the victim had gotten into a physical altercation with a group of unknown males, who then fled the scene. Although police arrived quickly on the scene and searched the area, the suspects were not immediately located. Immediately following the incident, the victim was sent to the Johns Hopkins Medical Center Surgical Intensive Care Unit in Baltimore. The victim was eventually released from the hospital, but is still suffering from the long-term effects of the assault.

In the months following the attack, Ocean City Police detectives were able to identify Korvin and Webster as the two suspects involved in the incident. OCPD detectives presented the case to the Worcester County State’s Attorney’s Office, which was able to secure grand jury indictments for Korvin and Webster. However, the charges against the two suspects were nolle prossed, or not prosecuted, last Tuesday when prosecutors deemed there were too many complications to gain favorable outcomes.

Two days later, Korvin was arrested again in Ocean City on assault charges after allegedly punching a door man at Barn 34 on 34th Street before urinating on the sidewalk and exposing himself to large crowds during his arrest. Around 11:30 p.m. last Thursday, Ocean City Police responded to the area of 34th Street for a reported assault. While en route, OCPD officers learned the primary aggressor in the fight, later identified as Korvin, was running south along Coastal Highway near 33rd Street.

OCPD officers detained Korvin, who was heavily intoxicated, according to police reports. OCPD officers noted Korvin was bleeding from the knuckles on his left hand. Korvin tried to hide his hands from police and denied being involved in any fight, however, officers observed two lacerations on his hand. According to police reports, Korvin repeatedly yelled “there was no fight” and “my knuckles are bleeding because there was no fight.”

According to police reports, Korvin was being loud and disorderly while several groups of people, some with young children, walked by. Some of the groups detoured around the building or even walked into traffic to avoid Korvin. At that point, Korvin told police he had to go to the bathroom, but he was told he would have to wait until the process was completed. Korvin then told police he was going to “go now” and proceeded to pull his shorts down, exposing his private parts and began urinating on the sidewalk.

The officers noted in their report the large crowds of passersby observed Korvin exposing himself and urinating on the sidewalk. After a brief struggle, he was ultimately brought under control and handcuffed.

OCPD officers then interviewed the door man at Barn 34, who told police Korvin came to the back door of the establishment where he was stationed and attempted to gain access. Korvin was told he was not allowed in because he was too intoxicated. At that point, Korvin punched the door man, who was then able to wrestle the suspect to the ground.

Korvin then fled the area on foot, setting up the arrest and subsequent scene created on the crowded street. Korvin was arrested and charged with second-degree assault, disorderly conduct and indecent exposure. He was taken before a District Court Commissioner and was released on his own recognizance. A preliminary hearing has been set for Sept. 30.