OCEAN CITY – Here’s a look at some of the activities planned for next week to observe the annual tradition of Halloween, which will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 31.
Events For The Families
– Saturday, Oct. 27: The entire family is invited to a Haunted Park celebration at White Horse Park in Ocean Pines on Saturday, Oct. 27 from 1-4 p.m. for a ghoulish time. Mortuary music will the fill air as ghost and goblins parade and play.
Activities include "ghostly" games, "foolish" face painting, "creepy" crafts, "monstrous" moon bounces, "crazy" costume contests with "devilish" prizes, grilled "graveyard" goodies from the Kiwanis Club of Ocean Pines, "treacherous" treats from the Lions Club of Ocean Pines, "headless" horse rides and much more. Admission is free, but there will be a small fee to participate in some of the happenings.
– Saturday, Oct. 27: Solstice in the Atlantic Hotel in Berlin presents "Scream for a Cure" with proceeds benefiting the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
Starting at 2 p.m., the day’s events include a judged costume parade for the kids, old-fashion pressed apple cider, bobbing for apples, Jack-o-lantern carving, Halloween story-telling for children, scare crow making, music all day and haunted tours of the hotel at night.
The Haunted "Scream Tour" of hotel for the children will be held at 8 p.m. followed by the adult versions at 9 and 10 p.m.
– Sunday, Oct. 28: Participants of all ages, including parents and grandparents, are invited to join the staff at Northside Park to celebrate this year’s Halloween "Spook-Out".
Spend the afternoon enjoying carnival games, arts and crafts, face painting, hayrides, and much more. Also, get dressed in your Halloween finest and participate in the annual costume contest.
"It is a really fun time for the parents and the kids," said Kim Kinsey, Recreation Supervisor for Ocean City Recreation and Parks. "Everyone gets dressed up in their costumes and comes to Northside Park. Families get to play games together and ride hayrides. There is also a ton of food and drinks. Its just a fun way to celebrate the holiday."
The "Spook-Out" takes place from 1-3 p.m. at the Northside Park Recreation Complex. Pre-registration for this event is not required however the party is limited to 500 children so don’t be late. There is no admission cost for the "Spook-Out" yet parents are asked to bring one bag of individually wrapped candy per child.
Wednesday, Oct. 31: The main event for Halloween at the White Marlin Mall is the official Trick or Treating time that is scheduled for Wednesday Oct. 31 from 4 to 6 p.m. In the spirit of Halloween, the shops at the White Marlin Mall will hold special sales.
Activities For The Big Kids
– Saturday, Oct. 27: The best dressed of the night at Seacrets’ Halloween Party wins a four-day, three-night trip for two to Jamaica. Second place earns $300 and third gets $200. Kristen and The Noise will also be performing.
– Saturday, Oct. 27: Fager’s Island will host its Annual Halloween Costume Party with DJs Batman and Wax and an Elvis impersonator. Costume contest features $500 in cash and prizes.
– Tuesday, Oct. 30: The Bux-O-Ween Halloween Bash with DJ BK will be held at Buxy’s Salty Dog, featuring a costume contest, prizes, giveaways and drink specials.
– Tuesday, Oct. 30: Pickles Annual Halloween Bash features prizes, dress as your favorite Ocean City local contest, a "Bobbin" for Pickles Contest and $2 beers from 8 p.m.-midnight.
– Wednesday, Oct. 31: A $500 costume contest will be held at the Greene Turtle West with DJ BK.